Located east of Johannesburg is Ekurhuleni (also called East Rand), a large suburban area providing a home to those looking to escape the commotion of the big city. It is a town in Gauteng province’s fifth district, and one of South Africa’s eight metropolitan municipalities. What make this city stand out are a world-class transportation network, telecommunications and energy, a youthful population, and a stable financial position.
Local Africa serves you the best in breaking local news, new jobs and vacancies, sales ads and the latest updated weather forecast for the city.
Ekurhuleni East Rand News
Find local breaking news in business, economy, health, politics and sports. Stay updated with latest events, entertainment, culture and travel. Read updated COVID-19 / Corona pandemic information and news about vaccines and testing.
- SABC Ekurhuleni sabcnews.com/sabcnews/tag/city-of-ekurhuleni/
- Ekurhuleni News Facebook facebook.com/Ekurhuleni-News
- Eye Witness News Ekurhuleni ewn.co.za/topic/city-of-ekurhuleni
- News 24 Ekurhuleni news24.com
- City of Ekurhuleni ekurhuleni.gov.za – official campaigns and latest Ekurhuleni news
National news sites in South Africa:
- News24 news24.com – A large news brand with everyday stories of South Africans
- Times Live timeslive.co.za – South Africa’s second-biggest news website
- The Citizen citizen.co.za – a Gauteng-based daily, national newspaper
- Times Live timeslive.co.za – South Africa’s second-biggest news website
- Daily Maverick dailymaverick.co.za
- African Entertainment africanentertainment.com – celebrities and entertainment
- eNCA enca.com – news from South Africa’s large TV and online news brand
- SABC sabcnews.com/sabcnews/ – News from SABC radio and TV Channels
- iOL iol.co.za
- Netwerk 24 netwerk24.com – Afrikaans
Jobs in Ekurhuleni East Rand
Find newly posted jobs, vacancies and services for hire locally. Most sites allow you to post a profile and get e-mail notifications about new jobs that apply to you.
- SimplyHired Ekurhuleni za.simplyhired.com
- BestJobs Ekurhuleni bestjobs.co.za/jobs-in-ekurhuleni – 2,500 jobs
- Indeed Jobs Ekurhuleni za.indeed.com – 6,700 jobs
- Careers 24 Gauteng careers24.com
- Trabajo Ekurhuleni za.trabajo.org – collecting from other portals
Make sure to search for jobs in the best and biggest job sites in South Africa:
- Fidanto za.fidanto.com – 175.000 jobs
- JobVine jobvine.co.za – a large job portal
- Gumtree Jobs gumtree.co.za – Classifieds Jobs section
- Trabajo za.trabajo.org – portal collection from other sites
- BestJobs bestjobs.co.za – 12.500 jobs
- Careers 24 careers24.com – 8.500 jobs
- Bizcommunity Jobs bizcommunity.com
- JobMail Careers jobmail.co.za
- Freerecruit freerecruit.co.za
On the best and most popular job sites you will find vacancies in all categories of employment: Management, production, maintenance, quality, service, project management, IT, Health and social professions, transport, logistics and HR, but also postings in training, accounting, controlling, finance, marketing and communication. You can filter vacancies by industry such as production, manufacturing, software & IT, education, temporary work, agriculture, mining, engineering, health, pharmacy and hospitals.
Also check out the most popular classifieds sites. Classifieds sites almost always have a jobs & vacancies section, and a place to post your own resume.
For sale in Ekurhuleni East Rand
On classifieds sites, you will find almost anything for sale – and you can post your own item to learn an extra income. Search and filter by categories or by location. Find the best deals in your city as well as nation-wide.
- Gumtree East Rand gumtree.co.za – leading with more than 80,000 ads
- Locanto Ekurhuleni locanto.co.za/geo/5512/Ekurhuleni
- Olx Classifieds East Rand olx.co.za
- AdsAfrica East Rand eastrand.adsafrica.co.za
- Junkmail Gauteng junkmail.co.za
In general, the best South African classifieds and sale listings sites are:
- Gumtree South Africa gumtree.co.za – the largest classifieds site in South Africa with more than 900.000 active listings (2021)
- Olx Classifieds https://www.olx.co.za/ – another leading for sales site with more than 500.000 active listings (2021)
- AdsAfrica adsafrica.co.za – has a large number of ads as well, especially personal ads
- Junkmail junkmail.co.za – also has a fair amount of active ads, especially in the property section.
- Locanto locanto.co.za
- Cars Co ZA cars.co.za – automotive/cars/trucks only
- Autotrader autotrader.co.za – automotive/cars/trucks only
On most classifieds and sales listings sites you will find items for sale in many categories. Most typical are Mobile Phones & Tablets, Electronics, Vehicles, Cars & Trucks, Real Estate, Fashion & Clothes, Jobs & Trainings, Business & Services and Beauty & well being. You will also find available job listings and seeking job / CVs, service ads, repair and construction and commercial equipment and tools.
Weather in Ekurhuleni East Rand
Here you will find updated and accurate local forecasts for the city. Please check the hourly forecast as well as the daily forecasts. We also recommend a good mobile weather app like Weather Channel, AccuWeather or Radarscope to keep you constantly updated.
- 14 day Extended forecast for Ekurhuleni on Time & Date
- Hourly/Daily/Monthly Forecast for Johannesburg on Accuweather
- Ekurhuleni 10 Day Forecast Weather.com
The city of Johannesburg is on the Highveld plateau, and its climate is subtropical highland. The country is both temperate and subtropical as it is moderated by ocean on three sides of the country – but it has overall warm temperate conditions. It is also a relatively dry country, with an average annual rainfall of less than 500 mm.
Good national weather links are:
Weather forecasting and weather radars are the most typical ways of staying updated. Weather is typically indicated with sunny, cloudiness, rains and showers, storms and more. Most online weather apps will list the local location, temperature, precipitation, wind speed, humidty and pressure. Some might even include a UV index and what the weather “feels like” (like the chill factor). Forecasts typically look at Highs and Lows during the 24 hour day, wind, precipitation and precipitation chance.
About Ekurhuleni (East Rand)
The local government authorities of nine cities and towns in eastern Gauteng and 11 other administrations merged into the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan municipality on 5 December 2000. This resulted in the disbandment of the former local administration, and the current system replaced it. Locals gave the new metropolitan municipality a Tsonga name “Ekurhuleni” meaning a place of peace. Locals chose Tsonga’s name to reflect the new city’s diversity and its vision of an equal and progressive society.
Out of all the metros in South Africa, Ekurhuleni has the highest governance. The city council has 224 members elected through a mixed-member proportional representation system.
Ekurhuleni has a working population of 1.6 million people of which 28.8% are in employment contributing to 6.2% of the National production.
The climate in Ekurhuleni is a subtropical Highland. (Warm summers and dry winters)
Parks and nature
There are over 206 Wetlands and Lakes in Ekurhuleni.
Germiston Lake is one of South Africa’s cleanest water bodies with leisure facilities. Marievale bird sanctuary is home to flamingos, and Bullfrog town has over 150 bird species.
Chris Hani monument, walk of remembrance, and wall of remembrance are historical places recognizing the people who liberated South Africa. Local wall of remembrance commemorates people who died in the fight between the Inkatha freedom party and the residents.
Arts and Culture
Ekurhuleni has a rich cultural life. It excels in fine arts music narratives, exhibitions and films.
There are two school districts in Ekurhuleni: north and south. There are 671 schools, with 137 of them being independent. Ekurhuleni has two higher education and training colleges and two adult education and training centers. The municipal government called for the creation of a university in Ekurhuleni with the national government.
Ekurhuleni city is a home away from the bustle and hustle of the city. It delights to be at the forefront of delivering quality services to its citizens.
Tip: For additional information about this city, check out local directories for information about residents, culture, businesses and tourism.
More about South Africa on Local-Africa.com
@ 2021 Local-africa.com