Cape Town sits at the base of the world-famous Table Mountain. Locals affectionately refer to it as “Mother City” because it was the location of South Africa’s first European settlement. The city’s breathtaking natural beauty, fascinating past, thrilling adventure, delicious food and wine, and wildlife are unrivaled.
The city preserves its traditions for example the noon gun tradition, which is one of the city’s oldest practices. Read on for more information on this amazing city.
Local Africa serves you the best in breaking local news, new jobs and vacancies, sales ads and the latest updated weather forecast for the city.
Cape Town News
Find local breaking news in business, economy, health, politics and sports. Stay updated with latest events, entertainment, culture and travel. Read updated COVID-19 / Corona pandemic information and news about vaccines and testing.
National news sites in South Africa:
- News24 news24.com – A large news brand with everyday stories of South Africans
- Times Live timeslive.co.za – South Africa’s second-biggest news website
- The Citizen citizen.co.za – a Gauteng-based daily, national newspaper
- Times Live timeslive.co.za – South Africa’s second-biggest news website
- Daily Maverick dailymaverick.co.za
- African Entertainment africanentertainment.com – celebrities and entertainment
- eNCA enca.com – news from South Africa’s large TV and online news brand
- SABC sabcnews.com/sabcnews/ – News from SABC radio and TV Channels
- iOL iol.co.za
- Netwerk 24 netwerk24.com – Afrikaans
Jobs in Cape Town
Find newly posted jobs, vacancies and services for hire locally. Most sites allow you to post a profile and get e-mail notifications about new jobs that apply to you.
- Learn4good Cape Town learn4good.com/jobs/cape-town/southafrica – 16,000 jobs
- JobVine Western Cape jobvine.co.za/jobs/province/western-cape – 3,000 jobs
- Careers 24 Western Cape careers24.com – 2,500 jobs
- Trabajo Cape Town + West za.trabajo.org/jobs/Cape+Town,+Western+Cape – collecting from other portals
Make sure to search for jobs in the best and biggest job sites in South Africa:
- Fidanto za.fidanto.com – 175.000 jobs
- JobVine jobvine.co.za – a large job portal
- Gumtree Jobs gumtree.co.za – Classifieds Jobs section
- Trabajo za.trabajo.org – portal collection from other sites
- BestJobs bestjobs.co.za – 12.500 jobs
- Careers 24 careers24.com – 8.500 jobs
- Bizcommunity Jobs bizcommunity.com
- JobMail Careers jobmail.co.za
- Freerecruit freerecruit.co.za
On the best and most popular job sites you will find vacancies in all categories of employment: Management, production, maintenance, quality, service, project management, IT, Health and social professions, transport, logistics and HR, but also postings in training, accounting, controlling, finance, marketing and communication. You can filter vacancies by industry such as production, manufacturing, software & IT, education, temporary work, agriculture, mining, engineering, health, pharmacy and hospitals.
Also check out the most popular classifieds sites. Classifieds sites almost always have a jobs & vacancies section, and a place to post your own resume.
For sale in Cape Town
On classifieds sites, you will find almost anything for sale – and you can post your own item to learn an extra income. Search and filter by categories or by location. Find the best deals in your city as well as nation-wide.
- Gumtree Western Cape gumtree.co.za/s-western-cape – leading with more than 180,000 ads
- Olx Classifieds Cape Town olx.co.za/cape-town_g61491
- AdsAfrica Cape Town capetown.adsafrica.co.za
- Junkmail Cape Town junkmail.co.za
- Free Classifieds Cape Town blaauwberg.net
In general, the best South African classifieds and sale listings sites are:
- Gumtree South Africa gumtree.co.za – the largest classifieds site in South Africa with more than 900.000 active listings (2021)
- Olx Classifieds https://www.olx.co.za/ – another leading for sales site with more than 500.000 active listings (2021)
- AdsAfrica adsafrica.co.za – has a large number of ads as well, especially personal ads
- Junkmail junkmail.co.za – also has a fair amount of active ads, especially in the property section.
- Locanto locanto.co.za
- Cars Co ZA cars.co.za – automotive/cars/trucks only
- Autotrader autotrader.co.za – automotive/cars/trucks only
On most classifieds and sales listings sites you will find items for sale in many categories. Most typical are Mobile Phones & Tablets, Electronics, Vehicles, Cars & Trucks, Real Estate, Fashion & Clothes, Jobs & Trainings, Business & Services and Beauty & well being. You will also find available job listings and seeking job / CVs, service ads, repair and construction and commercial equipment and tools.
Weather in Cape Town
Here you will find updated and accurate local forecasts for the city. Please check the hourly forecast as well as the daily forecasts. We also recommend a good mobile weather app like Weather Channel, AccuWeather or Radarscope to keep you constantly updated.
- 14 day Extended forecast for Cape Town on Time & Date
- Hourly/Daily/Monthly Forecast for Cape Town on Accuweather
- Cape Town 10 Day Forecast Weather.com
The city of Johannesburg is on the Highveld plateau, and its climate is subtropical highland. The country is both temperate and subtropical as it is moderated by ocean on three sides of the country – but it has overall warm temperate conditions. It is also a relatively dry country, with an average annual rainfall of less than 500 mm.
Good national weather links are:
Weather forecasting and weather radars are the most typical ways of staying updated. Weather is typically indicated with sunny, cloudiness, rains and showers, storms and more. Most online weather apps will list the local location, temperature, precipitation, wind speed, humidty and pressure. Some might even include a UV index and what the weather “feels like” (like the chill factor). Forecasts typically look at Highs and Lows during the 24 hour day, wind, precipitation and precipitation chance.
About Cape Town
The Dutch East Africa India Company built a refreshment station for its ships on the shores of Table Bay in 1652, and the city of Cape Town was born.
It is South Africa’s second-most populated city.
Table Mountain, Victoria and Albert waterfront, Castle of Good Hope, Robben Island, Lion’s Head and Signal Hill, Cape Winelands are among the physical attractions in Cape Town.
Cape Town has a mild Mediterranean climate.
Flora and Fauna
The city in its protected areas has the highest levels of biodiversity of any comparable region in the world. Table Mountain has an estimation of over 20,000 plant species, which is 10% of all plants found on the planet. There are also 19 distinct forms of vegetation, including some that are native to the city and found nowhere else on the planet.
Private health services in Cape Town are of a high standard with several private hospitals offering excellent services. Public health facilities are also available.
Cricket, football, swimming, and rugby are the most common sports in Cape Town.
Cape Town hosted the 1995 Rugby World Cup and the 2010 FIFA World Cup and hosts the Africa leg of the World Rugby Championships every year.
Christianity is the city’s largest religion, with most places of worship being churches and cathedrals. Islam is the second-largest religion, with several mosques and other Muslim religious sites spread across the city. The city also has several synagogues and temples. The city’s dominant faith is Christianity, with churches and cathedrals serving as most places of worship. Islam is the city’s second most common religion, with mosques and other Muslim religious sites spread about. There are also many synagogues and temples in the area.
Western Cape Education Department is in charge of public primary and secondary schools. Cape Town has a well-developed higher system of public universities with three public universities which are the University of Cape Town, University of Western Cape, and the Cape Peninsula University of Technology. The University of Cape Town is a top-ranked university in Africa.
Air, sea, rail, and road transport are available in Cape Town.
Air – Cape Town International Airport serves both domestic and international flights and it is 18kilometre from the CBD
Sea – the city has a long tradition as a port city and the port of Cape Town is the city’s main Port.
Rail- Cape Town has long and short distance passenger Rail services with the Cape Town railway station as the Terminus
Road- Cape Town, the origin of three national roads, has public service vehicles (buses, taxis cabs) and private vehicles operating within the city. Cape Town has the worst traffic congestion.
The city of Cape Town excels at preserving its traditions and activities. The city’s natural beauty, heritage, adventure, wildlife, and cuisine are second to none.
Tip: For additional information about this city, check out local directories for information about residents, culture, businesses and tourism.
More about South Africa on Local-Africa.com
@ 2021 Local-africa.com